The Mobile Application Development programme is a fast-track credential that provides opportunities for students to meet their short term goals of generating revenue while at the same time, positioning them for further study in the area of Software Programming. The certificate may be used as part of the basis to gain entry into other programmes where you will develop a broader set of programming skills while earning a higher level qualification.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 3 CXC subjects at the prescribed levels, or recognized vocational qualification or professional certifications eg. HEART, NCTVET, City & Guilds, etc. Candidates with credentials that exceed CXC qualifications may also be granted acceptance into the directly into the programme.
- In addition, candidates must be computer literate. Therefore, all applicants MUST sit an entrance computer literacy test. If successful, the applicant will enroll directly into the programme. If the applicant is unsuccessful, he/she will be required to pursue a pre-requisite course (at an additional cost) that will matriculate them directly into the Mobile Application Development programme.
Acceptance into the programme is subject to the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
All candidates MUST be computer literate and have access to a computer and the internet.
For more information, kindly contact our admissions office.
What you will learn
Listed below include several of the objectives of this certificate. In addition, students will be taught the best practices for developing Mobile Apps while receiving a glimpse into the daily life of a Software Programmer. Students will also learn the process of developing an idea into a mobile application.
- Create Mobile Apps using Android Studio
- Understand the architecture of the Android system
- Describe the basic building blocks of an Android app
- Learn how to build and run an Android app
- Learn to create useful apps with effective user interface (UIs)
- Learn how to implement menu-based navigation
- Learn to develop apps that store and retrieve user information that persists beyond the life of the app
- Access the native capabilities of the device
Certificate Includes: 2 modules
- Introduction to Java
- Mobile Development
The purpose of the Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installer Training Programme is to de ...
Fiber Optics Level 1 introduces students to the components, tools and equipment ...
This Advanced course covers the material and hands-on activities required for sa ...
The Cisco CCNA program offers comprehensive associate-level training and certifi ...