The Associate of Science in Computer Systems Technology (ACST) programme is geared towards students who wish to gain knowledge of computer systems and information technology. It provides a wider knowledge base of the overall computer system, hardware and software technologies along with networks and systems programming. In addition to the hard, technical skills, the ACST programme includes communication and business modules designed at developing those necessary success factors; the soft or personal skills such as working in teams, oral and written communication and problem solving. The individual will be better prepared and equipped to be effective in the workplace and prepared with the foundation necessary for pursuing further academic studies.
Tuition per annum
*Blended - a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
- Full Applicants - Full acceptance requires a minimum of 5 subjects at the CXC level or equivalent. Subjects in English Language and numeric (Mathematics or Principles of Accounts) are compulsory to be considered for this entry category. Applicants with credentials that exceed CXC qualifications may also be granted acceptance into the ACST programme.
- Provisional Applicants – Individuals who do not meet all the requirements for full status admission. These applicants must possess only one subject less than the required number for the ACST programme or one less than the required compulsory subjects. Which are 4 subjects at the CXC level or equivalent may be accepted on a probationary basis under the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
- Mature Applicants – Individuals over the age of 25 years may matriculate under the mature status, where acceptance is based on their work experience, job responsibilities, technical qualifications and competence. The applicant is required to submit; a recommendation letter, an updated resume displaying proof of possessing minimum 5 years working experience in the field of IT. A job description letter including name of applicant, his/her job tile, duration of employment and the letter must be signed and stamped by their superior. The applicant will also be required to sit an English Language and Mathematics entry examination set by the Institution.
Acceptance into the programme is subject to the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
To satisfy the requirements of the Associate of Science in Computer Systems Technology, all students admitted to the programme should complete a minimum of 1230 hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher. The programme of study consists of core modules, electives, internship and an ICT Application Project.
All candidates MUST be computer literate and have access to a computer and the internet.
For more information, kindly contact our admissions office.
|DT131||IT Essentials Part 1||4|
|DT133||IT Essentials Part 2||3|
|DT134||IT Applications & Troubleshooting||2|
|DT125||IT Networking Technologies||4|
|DA110||Computer Applications PT. 1||3|
|MA100||College Maths (General Education)||3|
|S101||Research Techniques & Study Skills||1|
|BU120||Information Technology in Business||3|
|EN101||English Composition (General Education)||3|
|DT207||Trends in Technology Development||3|
|WIN201||Windows 200X Technologies||4|
|PR205||Structured programming (with Data Structures)||4|
|BU202||Project Management 1||3|
|ELECT1||General Education Elective (Speech, Cultural Diversity, Psychology, Critical Thinking)||3|
|DA220||Computer Applications PT. 2||3|
|BU201||Ethics & Values in Business (General Education)||3|
|BU220 / BU250||Internship / ICT Application Project||4|
Students who complete this programme may consider career opportunities as but not limited to:
- Computer Hardware Technicians
- Network Systems Administrators
- Helpdesk & Technical Support Specialist
This programme furnishes students with skills that allow them to further earn these international certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA NETWORK+
- CompTIA LINUX +
The growth and development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) ...
The Bachelor of Science in Technology Management is a programme of study designe ...
The Associate Degree programme (ASSP) is a 2-year programme that amounts to 63 c ...
The Diploma in Computer Systems Technology is designed for students who wish to ...