The Diploma in Software Programming (DSP) prepares individuals with fundamental programming skills to develop, maintain and troubleshoot simple programs. The curriculum also prepares individuals with the foundation for developing further skills in addressing more complex programs. The DSP programme is also designed for students who wish to enter the field of computer programming. Graduates will be expected to demonstrate a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software principles and functions, write programs that apply to a variety of business and other applications of intermediate complexity, and explain the client-server model for program design and implementation.
Students successfully completing the programme may matriculate into the second semester of the Associate Degree in Software Programming.
*Blended - a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
- Full Applicants - Full acceptance requires a minimum of 4 subjects at the CXC level or equivalent. Subjects in English Language and numeric (Mathematics or Principles of Accounts) are compulsory to be considered for this entry category. Applicants with credentials that exceed CXC qualifications may also be granted acceptance into the DSP programme.
- Provisional Applicants – Individuals who do not meet all the requirements for full status admission. These applicants must possess only one subject less than the required number for the DSP programme or one less than the required compulsory subjects. Which are 3 subjects at the CXC level or equivalent may be accepted on a probationary basis under the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
- Mature Applicants – Individuals over the age of 25 years may matriculate under the mature status, where acceptance is based on their work experience, job responsibilities, technical qualifications and competence. The applicant is required to submit; a recommendation letter, an updated resume displaying proof of possessing minimum 5 years working experience in the field of IT. A job description letter including name of applicant, his/her job tile, duration of employment and the letter must be signed and stamped by their superior. The applicant will also be required to sit an English Language and Mathematics entry examination set by the Institution.
Acceptance into the programme is subject to the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
To satisfy the requirements of the Diploma in Software Programming, all students admitted to the programme should complete a minimum of 510 hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher. The programme of study consists of both theory and practical modules.
All candidates MUST be computer literate and have access to a computer and the internet.
For more information, kindly contact our admissions office.
|DA110||Computer Applications Pt. 1 (Microsoft Word / Excel / Internet Explorer)||3|
|BU120||Information Technology in Business||3|
|PR200||Web Page Design & Development||3|
|S101||Research Techniques & Study Skills||1|
Students who complete this programme may consider career opportunities as, but not limited to:
- Web Site Designers
- Computer Graphics Designers
- Database Designers
- Software Procurement Analysts
No international certifications are available for this programme.
The growth and development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) ...
The Bachelor of Science in Technology Management is a programme of study designe ...
The ACSP is geared towards students who wish to gain knowledge of computer syste ...
The Associate Degree programme (ASSP) is a 2-year programme that amounts to 63 c ...