The Computer Technician Series consists of three IT technician programmes, designed to provide a career pathway for individuals who started their journey via the vocational or industry certification path, and with the desire to bridge into one of the many different career offerings within the Information Technology profession. The Computer Network Technician is the second track in the series that equips students with the knowledge and training to aid in the creation, maintenance, set up and upgrading of networks and recourses in support of business operations.
Once a student completes the Computer Network Technician programme they will have the following abilities and knowledge:
- To install, configure, operate, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and diagnose PCs, servers, network hardware, network software, and other peripheral equipment.
- To quickly respond with solutions to malfunctions, while making sure that the designated computers and network equipments stay functional.
- In network control programs, network management, and network architecture and problem-solving techniques.
*Blended - a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
- Full Applicants - Candidates must possess a minimum of 3 CXC subjects at the prescribed levels, or recognized vocational qualification or professional certifications eg. HEART, NCTVET, City & Guilds, etc. Candidates with credentials that exceed CXC qualifications may also be granted acceptance directly into the programme.
- Mature Status - Candidates who do not meet the requirement under full status may be granted admission based on prior IT skills and knowledge through:
- Work experience
- Job responsibilities
- Technical qualifications
- Technical competences
Candidates should also provide the Institute with an updated resume with proof of possessing a minimum of two year of working experience in the field of IT. A recommendation letter should also be provided, the letter should include the name of the applicant, his/her job title, duration of employment, job description, and the signature of the Manager or Supervisor. The letter should also bear the seal or stamp of the company.
Acceptance into the programme is subject to the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
To satisfy the requirements of the Computer Network Technician programme, all students admitted to the programme should complete a minimum of 306 hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher. Upon completion the student will be awarded a Vector Technology certificate.
All candidates MUST be computer literate and have access to a computer and the internet.
For more information, kindly contact our admissions office.
|DT131||IT Essentials Part 1||4|
|MA020||Math For Electronics||0|
|DT133||IT Essentials Part 2||3|
|DT134||IT Applications & Troubleshooting||3|
|DT135||IT Networking Technologies||4|
Students who complete this programme may consider career opportunities as, but not limited to:
- Computer Network Technician
- IT support specialist
- Network Systems Administrators
- Computer Hardware Technicians
This programme furnishes students with skills that allow them to further earn these international certifications:
- Students are prepared to sit the International CompTIA A+ (220-1001 & 220-1002) and Network + (N10-007) certification exams.
- On successful completion of the course, students can then sit the CompTIA A+ and Network + certification exams at Vector and benefit from earning discounted vouchers. The international exam fee is not included in the programme fee.
The growth and development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) ...
The Bachelor of Science in Technology Management is a programme of study designe ...
The ACSP is geared towards students who wish to gain knowledge of computer syste ...
The Associate Degree programme (ASSP) is a 2-year programme that amounts to 63 c ...