The Associate of Science in Software Programming (ASSP) allow students to develop proficiency in utilizing the formal processes of the systems development, lifecycle in the application of programming languages, analyzing business processes for program development, and designing and presenting project plans for the development and implementation of a business systems. The ASSP programme not only provides graduates with opportunities to advance up the corporate ladder but also gives them a guide to applying technical skills to creative ideas in starting profitable business ventures in areas of Graphics Design, Web programming, Mobile Development, Software Coding, Database Management, and Software Engineering. Graduates also have access to “for-credit internships” where they work alongside professionals in conducting business analysis, software development, quality assurance, software testing or a diverse set of application tasks.
Industry partners of the internship programme include a growing number of service organizations including companies such as Innovative Corporate solutions, Ingenuity Technologies, and Vertis Technologies.
Tuition per annum
*Blended - a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
- Full Applicants - Full acceptance requires a minimum of 5 subjects at the CXC level or equivalent. Subjects in English Language and numeric (Mathematics or Principles of Accounts) are compulsory to be considered for this entry category. Applicants with credentials that exceed CXC qualifications may also be granted acceptance into the ASSP programme.
- Provisional Applicants – Individuals who do not meet all the requirements for full status admission. These applicants must possess only one subject less than the required number for the ASSP programme or one less than the required compulsory subjects. Which are 4 subjects at the CXC level or equivalent may be accepted on a probationary basis under the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
- Mature Applicants – Individuals over the age of 25 may matriculate under the mature status, where acceptance is based on their work experience, job responsibilities, technical qualifications and competence. The applicant is required to submit; a recommendation letter, an updated resume displaying proof of possessing minimum 5 years working experience in the field of IT. A job description letter including name of applicant, his/her job tile, duration of employment and the letter must be signed and stamped by their superior. The applicant will also be required to sit an English Language and Mathematics entry examination set by the Institution.
Acceptance into the programme is subject to the conditions governing matriculation requirements of the College Policy.
To satisfy the requirements of the Associate of Science in Computer Systems Technology, all students admitted to the programme should complete a minimum of 1125 hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher. The programme of study consists of core modules, electives, internship and an ICT Application Project.
All candidates MUST be computer literate and have access to a computer and the internet.
For more information, kindly contact our admissions office.
|DA110||Computer Applications Part 1||3|
|BU120||Information Technology in Business||3|
|PR200||Web Design and Development||3|
|S101||Research Techniques & Study Skills||1|
|DA220||Computer Applications Part 2||3|
|PR211||Software Engineering 1||3|
|PR220||Introduction to Database Systems||3|
|BU202||Project Management 1||3|
|PR204||Introduction to Java||3|
|ELECT||General Education Elective||3|
|BU250||Capstone Project or *Internship||4|
Students who complete this programme may consider career opportunities as but not limited to:
- Website Developers
- Mobile Applications Developers
- Database Designers
- Software Engineers
- Software Developers
- Quality Assurance Testers
Throughout the programme, students will cover information to sit several industry certifications:
- Associate Android Developer (Google)
- Associate Java Programmer (Oracle)
- MySQL Developer (Oracle)
- C++ Certified Associate Programmer (C++ Institute)
The growth and development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) ...
The Bachelor of Science in Technology Management is a programme of study designe ...
The ACSP is geared towards students who wish to gain knowledge of computer syste ...
The Diploma in Computer Systems Technology is designed for students who wish to ...